Read our Blog
Catch up on all the latest news and views…
An original article from the team at Disability Entrepreneur.
Call 0411 875 444
Fast Growing NDIS Disability Entrepreneurs Program
NDIS Disability Entrepreneurs are part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is an Australian government initiative that provides support and services to individuals with disabilities. It aims to empower people with disabilities to achieve their goals and participate in society.
The NDIS has created opportunities for NDIS Disability Entrepreneurs to establish businesses and offer innovative solutions within the disability sector. DisabilityEntrepreneur.com.au is a leading provider of bespoke, individualised one to one entrepreneurship experiences for NDIS participants who are seeking to start their own businesses.
Here are a few reasons why disability entrepreneurship may have been considered a fast-growing niche within the NDIS:
- Increased funding: The introduction of the NDIS has resulted in a significant increase in funding for disability-related services and supports. This increased financial support has created a conducive environment for NDIS Disability entrepreneurs to establish businesses and meet the growing demand for disability services.
- Market demand: The NDIS has shifted the focus from traditional service providers to a person-centered approach, giving individuals with disabilities more choice and control over the services they receive. This shift has created a demand for new and innovative services, products, and solutions. NDIS Disability entrepreneurs who identify and address these needs can find success in this niche. Disability Entrepreneur is a market leader in offering the 12 Step Entrepreneur Pathways Program for NDIS participants looking to launch a start up business.
- Diverse service offerings: The disability sector encompasses a wide range of services, including assistive technologies, therapy services, employment support, accommodation, transport, and more. This diversity allows entrepreneurs to specialize in specific areas and cater to the unique needs and preferences of individuals with disabilities. We’re especially proud of our SLES program to introduce entrepreneurship to school leavers.
- Collaborative partnerships: The NDIS encourages collaboration between service providers, individuals with disabilities, and their families. Entrepreneurs can form partnerships and collaborations with other stakeholders in the disability sector, allowing them to pool resources, share expertise, and create comprehensive solutions that address multiple aspects of disability support. Whilst Disability Entrepreneur primarily focuses on one to one mentorship, we encourage regular group sharing and refelction meetings to celebrate our successes and breakthroughs.
- Social impact focus: Disability entrepreneurship often goes beyond financial success. Many entrepreneurs in this niche have a strong focus on making a positive social impact and improving the lives of individuals with disabilities. This mission-driven approach can attract support and attention from various stakeholders, further fueling the growth of disability entrepreneurship. Especially in the art and design space, Disability Entrepreneurs are driven by more than merely monetising their product.
It’s important to note that the growth of any niche can be influenced by various factors, including changes in government policies, funding, and societal attitudes towards disability. For the most up-to-date information on the current state of NDIS Disability entrepreneurs, it would be beneficial to refer to recent reports, studies, or news articles. If you have any further questions, please reach out and we can discuss your requirements.